Soak Up Some Sun
In a previous post, we talked about the importance of getting your daily Vitamin D. Now that spring has arrived and the sun is shining, it’s time to get your family outside to soak in some natural Vitamin D. Here are our top five favorite family-friendly outside activities:
- Go to a park. Pick a Saturday, load up the kids and the dog, pack a lunch, and spend the afternoon playing in the park. A community park is perfect to let you children run off some extra energy with friends, feed the ducks, or take a bike ride. Invite other families and you’ll have a good time catching up with friends while your children play.
- Go to a baseball game. It doesn’t have to be a professional game, the local team or high school team will work, too! Have some fun in the sun cheering the players on, eating stadium hot dogs, and introducing your children to America’s favorite pastime.
- Volunteer. It’s never too early to teach your children the power of giving back. Sign up to help plant trees outside of a community building or help an animal rescue team. Children will love spending the time playing in some dirt while learning the importance of the community. Here are some volunteer opportunities around your neighborhood.
- Build and maintain a garden. You don’t have to leave your home to get some natural Vitamin D. Start a garden in your backyard and have your children help dig or pull weeds. Not only will the last for a few months (if not longer), but you will also be promoting healthy living. Don’t those tomatoes taste better with your own hard work infused in there?
- Go for a bike ride/walk. This is such a basic thing that can trigger huge results! Not only are you outside in the sun, but you’re getting some exercise with the entire family.
These are some fun ways to naturally get a portion of your daily Vitamin D, however, that sometimes isn’t enough. To help you get the correct amount, there are supplements that can help boost your Vitamin D levels, such as the Vitamin D3 that’s found in our pineapple gummy vitamin. In each Smart Pack Gummy Vitamin for adults, you’ll also get the DHA/EPA Omega-3 orange gummy vitamin to help support heart health and brain function, the B6 and B12 tea gummy vitamin for a natural energy boost, strawberry calcium gummy vitamin, and lemon Multi Vitamin gummy that has ten different vitamins and minerals!